Wednesday 10 October 2012

Man with no face fears his unborn child will inherit the same condition

              
 Latif Khatana, of India, has a rare skin condition that causes growths and large skin creases that cover his face. Khatana cannot see or work to support his wife, who is seven months pregnant with his first child. Khatana fears that his unborn son or daughter will inherit his skin disease and become a social outcast like he is.
“I cannot wait to be a father and have some happiness in my life. But I worry every day and pray my child is not born like me,” he said in a recent interview. Strange things are happening...Continue to view more photos if you have the stomach for it

                         
 Khatana lives high in the mountains with his 25-year-old wife, Salima, in abject poverty. When he travels to Srinagar to beg for money he is shunned and spat on by villagers.
Khatana was born with a small bump on his face that continued to grow until it covered his entire face with large folds and lumps of skin.
“My mother still cries when she looks at me. She feels so much guilt and cannot understand why her youngest boy was cursed,” he said.


         

No comments: