Monday 8 October 2012

Man Impregnates Daughter, Forces Her To Abort It

His reason for sleeping with his daughter was simple: She resembles her mother, his late wife.This was the reason a 42-year-old petty trader, Emmanuel Ubom gave for committing incest by repeatedly, raping his 15-year-old daughter.
It was also alleged that he got her impregnated and got them terminated.


 
This abominable act between father and daughter came to public notice when the father-of-two was caught red-handed by his co-tenant at their one-room apartment in their face-me-I-face-you tenement located at Etegbin Area, Ojo, Lagos.

Trouble started for Ubom, an Akwa-Ibom State indigene, when his daughter, Uduaka Emmanuel, who couldn’t condone his incessant sexual demands anymore confided in one of their neighbours who often play a motherly role to her and her younger sister since the demise of their mother.

Acting on the tip, the middle-aged woman (who begged to be anonymous) monitored the widower’s movement one sunny afternoon, and consequently caught him on the verge of having another sexual romp with his daughter. The woman raised an alarm which attracted other neighbours and the sex-crazed father was disgraced and dragged to Ojo Police Station by his angry neighbours.

Subsequently, Ubom was immediately charged to court on a one-count charge of unlawful defilement of his daughter, a crime punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2001. In the course of his trial, the visibly remorseful man who pleaded guilty to the charge preferred against him, begged the court to tamper justice with mercy for the sake of his daughters.“I can’t deny the fact that I used to sleep with my daughter. I don’t know what came over me; it is the devil’s work. 

Since I lost my wife five years ago, I have been so lonely and sexually starved, I don’t know how it all started, but my first daughter looks more like her mother; she possesses the physique and charming looks of her mother. I am so ashamed of myself; I just pray my daughters would forgive me, likewise the spirit of their dead mother,” Ubom pleaded before the court.

The police prosecutor, Assistant Superintendent Friday Ezeh, condemned the heinous act of the accused and urged the court to award the accused the appropriate punishment so as to serve as deterrent to other wayward fathers and guardians who are sexually molesting their daughters and wards under their care.

“This act is becoming more rampant in our present day society, and if severe punishment is not handed to offenders to serve as scapegoat to others, the message wouldn’t be driven home properly. 

Where I come from, this barbaric act of father forcefully having carnal knowledge of the daughter could lead to ex-communication or even ostracizing of the man if found guilty. Ubom shouldn’t be pitied,” he argued.

No comments: