Tuesday 30 October 2012

Aki, Paw Paw Visits flood victims in Delta State...Governor explains why he Invited them

                         FOR FLOOD VICTIMS—Nollywood stars Chinedu Ikedieze and his friend Osita Iheme (Aki and Pawpaw) during a visit to some of the flood displaced persons in ICE camp, Asaba, Monday. Photo: Henry Unini  
The Nollywood stars visited the camp site for the flood victims in Delta State over the weekend over the weekend. Governor Uduaghan explained why he felt the need to invite the Nollwood actors.

Uduaghan said: “As I walked in, half of the population were watching television; you know we provided a giant television for them.

“I tried to attract their attention. Some looked at me and greeted me, but they turned to continue watching the television. When I looked at the television, I saw it was Aki, Paw Paw and Ibu that they were watching.

“You see, because they were watching Aki, Paw Paw and Ibu, they forgot their pains. For them, these Nollywood actors were helping them to ease their pains. That was why I invited them to go to the different camps as motivational speakers because the victims require a lot of motivation, while they are preparing to go back home.”

No comments: